Arcade software

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

N64god
Steam ID:waterpowered101
Arcade software

Post by N64god » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Im new at arcade building, and I was wondering.... :roll:
I want it to have 1 game(Contra).So I decided to download the emulator.

All I want the computer to do, is run the emulator then run Contra when I turn it on.I want it to be like a real arcade.

How do I make the computer run Contra INSTANTLY!

Sevara

Re: Arcade software

Post by Sevara » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 pm

N64god wrote:Im new at arcade building, and I was wondering.... :roll:
I want it to have 1 game(Contra).So I decided to download the emulator.

All I want the computer to do, is run the emulator then run Contra when I turn it on.I want it to be like a real arcade.

How do I make the computer run Contra INSTANTLY!
Depends, somewhat on the OS, but mostly on the emulator. If the emulator doesn't support a default load-on-startup, you'd have to add the support yourself and recompile the program, which is tedious and requires both programming ability and developer tools.

What combo are you using for the computer?

EDIT: I should mention that the arcade systems usually used beefed-up versions of the consoles themselves like the PlayChoice-10; if you want authentic, you're better off hacking up an NES and leaving the cartridge embedded in the arcade cabinet.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:37 am

Hey,

Lol. Just the right person to talk to.

Check out http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Hiding_Windows

I did that to mine and its fine.

Thanks

Shambler

Post by Shambler » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Alternatively you can buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Contra-Jamma-Arc ... 1c11e9dc6c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wire up a Jamma Harness in an Arcade machine and you're off!

Probably cheaper than putting a whole PC in there anyway, if you only want to play one game!

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 am

Shambler wrote:Alternatively you can buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Contra-Jamma-Arc ... 1c11e9dc6c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wire up a Jamma Harness in an Arcade machine and you're off!

Probably cheaper than putting a whole PC in there anyway, if you only want to play one game!
Not really...

You need an Arcade Monitor (Unless you buy a converter board to AV that then goes to a TV / PC monitor - which I have done to mine because Arcade Monitors are expensive)

Power Supply with VERY good knowledge of how to wire 110 / 240 VAC currents + ground...

If you have an Arcade Monitor, you MAY need to install an Isolation Transformer...

And any other parts that that certain game may require. Such as a HDD as some save their high scores / data to the for faster buffering times etc...