tabletop arcade cabinet worklog *almost 75% done*

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

HardcoreLewscher
tabletop arcade cabinet worklog *almost 75% done*

Post by HardcoreLewscher » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm

so its 2ft by 2ft just the little indent(8" in ,screen gap is 12" high)

now this is only the case im in hand of,but ill need help and advice on how to make the main arcade 'console' pretty easily(please) and the best way to do it, PC or console... im thinking megadriveII myself.....
and then if so i will be in need of these:
joystck(4 or 8 way), 3 buttons and an extra for start... and another MGII controller lol

so anyway heres todays pics:
saves posting them all, just go to my album, ill only post 1 pic of it so-far when i do more on it =]
http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg19 ... %20cabnet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
04/02/10: teacher glued 2 peices of plastic to each other and tomorrow hell use the special machine to put the sega logo into it so the blue will show through :D 8) but im on a geography trip 2moz so ill have to wait untill monday =[
Last edited by HardcoreLewscher on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

x2Jiggy
PSN Username:x2Jiggy
Steam ID:x2Jiggy

Re: tabletop arcade cabinet worklog*URGENT EBAY HELP PLEASE!!*

Post by x2Jiggy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 am

These pushbuttons will work fine when wired to a game console controller. As long as the microswitch attached to it is capable of closing a circuit (which is how almost all of them work), you can piggyback your pushbutton onto the same contacts the normal controller would use or just follow the PCB to find a common location they pass through which you can solder your pushbutton wires to. I wrote a brief tutorial on how to do this at http://x2jiggy.com/2010/01/diy-arcade-k ... ontroller/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Using a computer for the internals will give you the most options for your arcade project. You will be able to run MAME providing almost all classic arcade titles and emulators for console games (and
any PC game if you're so inclined :P). Just need to connect them together with an emulator front end and you have a huge game catalog. A console will make it a bit easier for construction as you'll only need to fit the console itself into your case and it will be cheaper however I would recommend using a PC if you have the know-how to build it into your compact case.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
--------------------------------------------
PSN: x2Jiggy, Blog: http://x2Jiggy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;