Nintendo ds lite compact

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

zefeldo2
Nintendo ds lite compact

Post by zefeldo2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 pm

I know this is a fake console but i thought someone could actually make this. Ive seen people slim down the n64 to about half the size. ive seen gamecube portables that actually fit in a zn-45 case. and i know that people could build this. I just wanted to know if someone would. Like i thought of just going to the store and buying a nintendo ds lite to take it apart to see if it had a small enough console to turn it into the ds lite compact. Here is a video showing a fake presentation of this device. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9019dc2ybc4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I also noticed that it looks like a fatter but not as long version of a wii controller. I thought i might as well try to make one of these but im still working on a nintendo 64 portable. Just asking though, do you think this is a posibility that someone could make this?

perfectmf

Re: Nintendo ds lite compact

Post by perfectmf » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Sure, with enough time, money, and know-how almost anything is possible but currently we're pretty limited by the size of the current DS lite. If you take a look at the insides of the DS lite (provided here) you can see that it's taken up most of the space in the shell to begin with. So, at least to me, it doesn't seem that we can simply take the insides and move it to a much smaller case. That video is a nice concept though.

palmertech

Re: Nintendo ds lite compact

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 am

If someone did make it, it would have to be way, way bigger than the original DS lite. It is built very efficiently, and making it smaller would just make it liable to falling apart.

Excellent