PCB problem

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

BrannigansLaw
Steam ID:Assistant Steve
PCB problem

Post by BrannigansLaw » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:13 am

I purchased a pcb for Marvel vs. Capcom a while back and just recently got a Jamma cabinet to stick it in. The problem is that when I boot the game up, I've noticed a myriad of lines throughout gameplay. The lines only seem to appear on static images such as the background and not animated sprites. I know that the issue isn't with the screen because my pcb for Street Fighter II plays perfectly without any display problems. I'm also fairly sure that the problem wasn't caused by suicide battery since the game would have died altogether if that was the case. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. (Sorry about the lack of any pictures, I'll try to take some later).

arfink

Re: PCB problem

Post by arfink » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 am

BrannigansLaw wrote:I purchased a pcb for Marvel vs. Capcom a while back and just recently got a Jamma cabinet to stick it in. The problem is that when I boot the game up, I've noticed a myriad of lines throughout gameplay. The lines only seem to appear on static images such as the background and not animated sprites. I know that the issue isn't with the screen because my pcb for Street Fighter II plays perfectly without any display problems. I'm also fairly sure that the problem wasn't caused by suicide battery since the game would have died altogether if that was the case. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated. (Sorry about the lack of any pictures, I'll try to take some later).
This sounds like a problem between the A and B boards not connecting all the way together. I have no hands on experience with CPS boards, but often people complain of this kind of issue and it turns out to be the connectors holding the top and bottom boards together. Make sure it's all connected tightly. If that's not doing it then I would suggest you begin asking around at some other places. The tech forum at Neo-Geo.com has been very helpful for me and some CPS owners have come there and gotten help too.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

BrannigansLaw
Steam ID:Assistant Steve

Post by BrannigansLaw » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Sounds feasible to me. I may just buy some cps-2 clips to secure the two boards together since I lost mine.

Drakon

Post by Drakon » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:29 pm

yeah some of the pins just aren't connecting right. I took my mvc out of the case to make sure it was seated fine and that fixed it.