Neo Geo MVS console- finally done!

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

arfink
Neo Geo MVS console- finally done!

Post by arfink » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Some of the regulars around here might remember that about a year ago I announced I was doing a consolized Neo Geo MVS project. Well, it's finally done!

Just to give a basic rundown of what I had to accomplish here:

I used a Neo Bitz-S video encoder to change the RGB signal into NTSC composite and S-Video. This was the most picky part to work with, mostly because o my combination of inexperience with video hardware and working with a new kind of flux which also turned out to be really bad for the circuit.

I used an old Apple IIe power supply because it gives me all the voltages I need and the amperage that I want and it was also free since the rest of the Apple II died long ago. Its spirit lives on in the new Neo Geo console. Apple II forever!

I also used these parts in addition to the two listed above:
-an MV-1FZS Neo Geo motherboard
-2 male DB-15 connectors (low density, solder lug type)
-a 4 plug RCA panel I picked up for 75 cents at the local Axe Man store
-lots of wire and solder
-wood and gorilla glue and hot glue for the base

Everything is in working order now, and the Neo is now the crown jewel (in my mind) of my classic video game collection.

Some pics:

More pictures to come later, as well as maybe a video. To see full size pictures, please visit my blog:

http://neoretrotechnerd.blogspot.com/
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!