namco 7-1 plug n play portable: how much parts, and instruct

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

yoshilime
namco 7-1 plug n play portable: how much parts, and instruct

Post by yoshilime » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 am

how much are the parts, and can i find where to buy them, and a instuction website?

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: namco 7-1 plug n play portable: how much parts, and inst

Post by bacteria » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

yoshilime wrote:how much are the parts, and can i find where to buy them, and a instuction website?
I am only aware of two Namco plug'n'plays - both have 5 games, not 7. One has Pacman, Galaxians, Rally X, Bosconian and Dig Dug; the other has Ms Pacman, Galaga, Pole Position, Mappy and Xevious. So what one are you referring to (I am interested!).

These plug'n'plays are easy to mod; composite, one audio cable; the direction and fire button contacts are clearly marked on the mobo, the mobo is small; take 6 - 7.5v happily. Easy stuff, only one common ground (I know this is what you expect, but some systems have more than one, I know this to be true!). Hardest thing is taking the unit apart; screws tend to be hidden behind the artwork.

yoshilime

Post by yoshilime » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:38 pm

ya, 5, typo

can i get som pics? more clear?

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:32 am

can i get som pics? more clear?
Okay, I understand needing help, but you really can't make what bacteria is saying anymore clear. If you don't understand what he is saying that you need to wait. You need to READ EVERY STICKY in EVERY SECTION, you need to read a lot of the build threads. Get a basic knowledge of electronics.
and an instruction website?
You don't seem to understand that this website is the definitive source for information on building portables.

The only other site I can suggest is http://portablesofdoom.org/
Unfortunately the site is running quite slow for some reason so you may want to use the cache. http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:Bf ... cd=1&gl=us
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

yoshilime

Post by yoshilime » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:44 am

can i also get a parts list? i know i need a ps1 screen...

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:11 am

project_failure wrote:You don't seem to understand that this website is the definitive source for information on building portables.
Give me more time...my site is very comprehensive on the N64 and SNES at the moment and over the next year or so will also be for the other systems too...