types of joystick questions

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

newguy101
types of joystick questions

Post by newguy101 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:52 pm

ok so i figured those who deal with the actual arcade joysticks might know better then anyone else about the hookups on it. im wanting to take my n64 controller and convert it into a arcade style controller. i kno i need a 8 way joystick but i cant seem to get a very good look at how they connect. i kno some have the micro switches which i dont think would work for my needs. i kno a nintendo brand controller wont work because of the diff joystick parts. i need a off brand that uses the pots. just a few questions in general about the joysticks since i cant really find any information, just the parts...

1. what exactly are the analog joysticks?
2. are they pressure sensitive?
3. how many wire hookups do they have coming from them?(i kno the pots style on n64 usualy have 3, pos, neg, and data. thanks to HBN)

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Thu May 22, 2008 8:42 pm

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

arfink

Post by arfink » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 am

If you want a real analog arcade stick without paying the outrageous prices Happ wants you should look for the Sanwa or Seimitsu ones. Check out akihabarashop.jp to find them.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!