coin slot?

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

ganonbanned
coin slot?

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:13 pm

does anyone know how I can get a coin slot on to a PC built MAME? prefferably cheap...

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:50 pm

How complex? (As in: Slug proof or not)
The one in my pinball machine is fairly simple, so building one wouldn't be bad.
Just a slide, lever switch, mechanics for returning the coin, and sending it to the coin box via button presses.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:00 am

If you want fancy/realistic, you could search on eBay for something like <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/25-cent-Coin-Accept ... m">this</a>.

If you just want a slot you can drop coins into, you can wire a switch like <a href="http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... mily">this one</a> to a keyboard, stick it in a chute, and make your own. (The coins go through the chute, over the switch, and into s coffee can or something.)

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:44 am

An eBay coin slot is only $20. If you want one, get one from eBay and it'll work just fine as long as it has microswitches. Maybe if it doesn't. I don't know. Mine just has coin buttons.
Hey, sup?

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

nothing fancy, just a little box that looks like an old coin slot. and how could it hook up to a pc?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:28 pm

You want something like this:

Long eBay

and then some microswitches on the back to register a coin when you press the coin return button:

Microswitches

or something like this:

This

Don't look for a brand new item, you won't get a cheap one. Look for one that can be given a quick sanding and can be easily re-painted.
Hey, sup?