Time Crisis Arcade PCB

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Time Crisis Arcade PCB

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:14 pm

I want to make a Time Crisis Arcade Cabinet in the near future. Where can I get a Time Crisis 2/3 arcade PCB? Does the PS2 game have an option for arcade-like play, without ruining the arcade experience? Can you navigate the PS2 menus with the Guncon?
Hey, sup?

bgnome

Post by bgnome » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:59 pm

you can navigate the screens with a guncon 2. the major differences between the arcade guns and the guncon2s is the feedback on the shots and that there is no pedal on the guncon2s. you can make your own pedals by wiring a switch to a button.
i believe the ps2 time crisis 2 version has a play link option allowing you to hook up 2 ps2s for the full 2 player arcade experience. on one machine, you can play split screen, but that isn't as good.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 pm

Awesome. What else can you guys tell me about it? In particular the link play. Do you exit it if you lose? Details!
Hey, sup?

Skiggy

Post by Skiggy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:37 am

As said above, yes the guncon has no pedal attachment to duck. It does have about 2 or 3 buttons that you can push to duck, I guess so that you can get a good grip on the gun and the button. I've never heard of the link play thing and I own time crisis 2 and 3 for the ps2. Its extremely hard with a smaller tv, so I hooked it up to my big television (still a tube tv, but has to be around 40" or so). If you have a nice big tv with time crisis 2 or 3 on it it feels exactly like in the arcade except without the pedal, screaming idiots running around, or the noise of other machines.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:18 am

I'm definitely going to go big. As for the game, I will be editing the big red text a mod put here, and playing the game in a few days time.

I know the official games are 40" TVs, but I also need 2 and am low on cash. Old CRT TVs can hopefully be bought for around $50 each from the local paper. I don't think I'd be willing to go much lower than 30".

I'm mostly concerned about the menus being too non-arcadey, and am hoping that once it is booted up, you can stay in the game with minimal menus to keep the arcade feel.
Last edited by Kurt_ on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?

Skiggy

Post by Skiggy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:02 pm

The menu for the game is very arcadey (if such a word existed). Well, except for the first selection. The first selection of the menu has like challenges (you know, shoot this many people in this amount of time) features 'n what not. After the first selection choosing regular, its really similar and straight forward. It asks you 1 or 2 players, difficulty and your playing. Also, when you first start the game, it asks you set the gun. You set the gun by pointing it as close as you can to the target on the screen, obviously this isn't in the arcade version.

Hope this helps.

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:19 pm

And what menu does it bring you to when you lose?
Hey, sup?

Skiggy

Post by Skiggy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:59 pm

I haven't played it in a while, but I think it brings you back to the menu after setting the gun (where you pick regular mode or like challenge mode thingy).

Kurt_
Portablizer

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:41 pm

It doesn't matter. There's no way I could afford to do this project either way. I'm thinking I'll sell a bunch of stuff and make a tetris arcade or the likes.

Does anyone have a list of MAME games?
Hey, sup?