Special controller idea

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

arfink
Special controller idea

Post by arfink » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:17 pm

I had an interesting idea the other day, don't know how original it is though. I guess I'll find our soon enough...

Anyhoo, heres what I was thinking. You build some sweet desktop arcade panel (I have) with nice artwork and some seriously sweet high quality Sanwa controls and all, and you play the living daylights out of it on a regular basis with your emulators. Now you also have a Supergun or something like that and you also want to use this sweet controller with that too.

To do this I would do the following: I want to put in a 15 pin D-Sub connector onto the control panel and then use that as the main cable. I would put my USB interface into a project box that can interface to the control panel. I would also make the wiring of the 15 pin connector the same as a neo geo, so it's compatible. You could also then expand on this, for example, rework a gamepad to this standard and play on the PC through the project box adapter thing, or make a DDR pad, etc. It would basicly become the ultimate way to interface game controllers to whatever you want.

Edit: not really very unique now that I look it up on the web, apparently people think that the Play Station connector should be the ultimate standard. Oh well, I still going to build this, mostly because I want it and because I hate Sony.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!