I just thought you should see this

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian
I just thought you should see this

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:48 am

My dad found this site:

http://www.ugiansky.com/trashcade/index.html

Yes it's a joke, but it's real and it works. I laughed pretty hard.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:30 am

Ha. Very interesting. I guess thats a cheap route for a MAME. He said he did it because he was building a MAME and he didn't know if it would fit down the stairs so he built a same-size replica from cardboard to test down the stairs.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:40 pm

that is the f-ing cats pajamas. im going to do this. My coinslot is going to be all pimped out and coolio-ish

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:09 pm

I should just take my dads old compy and make it a mame cab or something. Problem is dang HPs are confusing when trying to get the BIOS to do what you want them to :x

arfink

Post by arfink » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:03 pm

Amazing what people will do to get what they want for as little money as possible. I classify myself as an extreme cheapskate, but this takes the cake for downright cheapness. To get myself on par with this guys cheap tricks, maybe I'll have to build a handheld with flour and water paste and an old pair of boxers. 8) All you need to do is steal a pair that's the right size and doesnt stink/have holes from someone, and then raid the pantry for the other ingredi.. I mean materials. Cheaper than bondo any day! And if you're in the wild and get desperate you can just drop you portable in water and get a spare change of boxers!

:P
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:30 pm

arfink wrote:Amazing what people will do to get what they want for as little money as possible. I classify myself as an extreme cheapskate, but this takes the cake for downright cheapness. To get myself on par with this guys cheap tricks, maybe I'll have to build a handheld with flour and water paste and an old pair of boxers. 8) All you need to do is steal a pair that's the right size and doesnt stink/have holes from someone, and then raid the pantry for the other ingredi.. I mean materials. Cheaper than bondo any day! And if you're in the wild and get desperate you can just drop you portable in water and get a spare change of boxers!

Thanks for the idea!

You do have to admit that it is pretty cool though... my dad even admitted its cool rofl

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:32 pm

GamemasterAS told me about some place like UPS offers boxes for free and was looking for a project he could use them for. Well if he find this I'm sure that's what he'd do, build a cardboard MAME box.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:38 pm

Sparkfist wrote:GamemasterAS told me about some place like UPS offers boxes for free and was looking for a project he could use them for. Well if he find this I'm sure that's what he'd do, build a cardboard MAME box.
Yeah, I ordered a few hundred boxes. now I have a use for them.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:34 pm

arfink wrote:Amazing what people will do to get what they want for as little money as possible. I classify myself as an extreme cheapskate, but this takes the cake for downright cheapness. To get myself on par with this guys cheap tricks, maybe I'll have to build a handheld with flour and water paste and an old pair of boxers. 8) All you need to do is steal a pair that's the right size and doesnt stink/have holes from someone, and then raid the pantry for the other ingredi.. I mean materials. Cheaper than bondo any day! And if you're in the wild and get desperate you can just drop you portable in water and get a spare change of boxers!

what the hell?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:16 pm

It would make sense if you read the first post.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:26 pm

Sparkfist wrote:GamemasterAS told me about some place like UPS offers boxes for free and was looking for a project he could use them for. Well if he find this I'm sure that's what he'd do, build a cardboard MAME box.
I have to admit before I even saw what you said I was already thinking of what PC I would use. And at the moment I am building a couch and a game room.