neo geo AES price question

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Jughead Jones
neo geo AES price question

Post by Jughead Jones » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:16 am

Just wondering whats a good price to buy a used neo geo AES with 2 controllers and 2 games?

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:21 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-AES-System- ... dZViewItem
Here you go. it's a little pricy though. maybe there's a cheaper one in there...
EDIT-probably 'cause it's boxed.
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

sammy

Post by sammy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:31 am

I sooo want an aes but they are way to expensive. Can't someone make a pirate copy of the system :x

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:27 am

If you have the proper equipment, MVS Jamma mobo's go for cheaper usually...

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:34 am

sammy wrote:I sooo want an aes but they are way to expensive. Can't someone make a pirate copy of the system :x
Well thats what I plan to do, and when I get out of college the copyrights will be dead for the system. Of course I plan to major in electronics, and I read an article in my newspapaer that the college I am going to has a machine that can cut custom circuit boards. Time is the only problem.
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:58 am

Is there any difference between the MVS and AES? I thought they were the same, save for the cartridges. If you want to save money you could build an MVS console...

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:14 pm

Yeah, Bic's right. My cousin builds arcade cabs for a living, and I often help him out. They're the same. There's even an adapter to play MVS carts on an AES, I'm not sure if there's one that goes the other way around, though; of course, with a lot of time and effort, you could trace all the leads and build one yourself! :)

Also, I'd just get an MVS and console-ify it, IE get it outputting composite video and such and build a little case; not only would it be cheaper for the console, but MVS carts run about $100 cheaper than their AES counterparts.

CTFan

arfink

Post by arfink » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:30 pm

Yeah, a consolized MVS is the way to go for cheapness. I got an MVS 1 slot with 2 games for about $50 on ebay. I had to do some repairs, which aren't quite done yet. I am fixing the audio circuit. However, I do have the video output working and I also have a temporary power supply worked out.

I am just using an AT power supply, it gives me a nice clean +5 and +12 volt supply, and it was free. :roll: Oh, I am such a cheapskate. I will maybe put some pics up if any of you are interested. It's not much to look at yet though, just a regular MV-1b with an AT supply sitting next to it and a messy video mod. Maybe I'll put in my controlers next and then post some pics...

Edit: my sound is kinda working now, will have it done soon. Expect pics of a completed project sometime in the next few weeks in a new post. And yeah, I payed about $18 for my Metal Slug MVS cart, and if you can even find an AVS version it will be easily $300-$1000 depending on what shape it's in.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!