History of SNK

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
History of SNK

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:46 pm

Hey all! So we finally got an arcade-specific section, eh? Cool! Well, seeing as arcade games/history is not as mainstream as our other console-specific forums, I figured I'd post the episode of Icons (a show from when G4 was still cool) right here. Part 2 is on the sidebar. The 20 minute special is a breif history on SNK, manufacturers of the MVS and AES, and great games like Samurai Showdown. It also gives a brief history of arcades and the effect SNK had on the industry, as well as the "fighter arcade wars" between Capcom and SNK at the time. Have fun with it! :wink:

CTFan

Busterblade

Post by Busterblade » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Hey, I PMed you about your sig request for an MP3 of Shii's song. The version I found is a remix, BTW. So, can you actually buy arcade machines for personal use? And can you just use the board (+ controller, of course), or what do you have to have? Those boxy cases are unnecessary and way too expensive. I saw a NAOMI board for 50 bucks on eBay a few days ago.
Last edited by Busterblade on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:01 am

Thanks for the video. I found it to be a nice summary on the history SNK... I don't think they've "fallen..." yet.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:00 pm

is this section going to be dedicated to making mame arcade cabinets and things of the such? ha 5th post

ATOMICMAN

Post by ATOMICMAN » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:24 pm

neato vid

didnt realize the company was sold to another company...

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:49 am

I see a big resemblance with the PS3 launch only that Playstation has a better reputation and the market is bigger.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:17 pm

only difference being that $600 isn't as much money as is was back then...still a lot of damn money though
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

arfink

Post by arfink » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:49 pm

Hey, I still beleive that the Neo Geo can own other newer systems in the gameplay department. If neo geo was a cadillac of video game systems back in the day, then I consider it to be a classic hot rod of gaming today. It's little known, but really amazing!

I think we need to start a sort of competition- first member to finish and fully document a complete Neo Geo consolization gets special bragging rights!
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!