GC controller PC adapter malfunctioning?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Blargaman91
GC controller PC adapter malfunctioning?

Post by Blargaman91 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:14 am

I have a game controller to pc adapter that adapts xbox, ps2, and GC controllers, called a 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box. It has one port for each. I have had two (third party) GC controllers die on me and I think it was due to hooking them up to this adapter. The reason being is that I have found my multimeter reads 4.5v on the 3.3v line of the controller port. This might be a voltage that is only so high because there is no load, but I'm too afraid to connect another working controller to it. This adapter worked flawlessly for me for a very long time, and I'm not even sure if it's actually causing any problems.

Also, if anyone knows of a bootable I can load on the GameCube to test the controller (see what buttons are being pressed, analog range) I would love to have a link because that is the only reason I need the PC adapter.

Ashen

Re: GC controller PC adapter malfunctioning?

Post by Ashen » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:53 am

http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... ?f=4&t=427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll need a way to boot homebrew on your cube/wii.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage