Size of Nomad and Nomad battery holders?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63
Size of Nomad and Nomad battery holders?

Post by com64 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:45 am

I have my Nomad coming in from the USA in a few weeks, but I want to start getting some other parts together. I have one problem -- I don't have the Nomad in front of me to measure it. I've searched the internet for patents or any information on it's dimensions, but no such luck.

Does anyone happen to have a Nomad (and a battery casing), a ruler, and a few minutes?

All I really need is the area of the brightness knob hole, the width and height in the middle of the console, and maybe the dimensions of the battery.

I think I'll be making my own battery box. I'm probably going to have the battery removable so I could swap in extras; in that case, I'll need to cut into the top side of the box (or put in a hinge or sliding cover, although that would be too much hassle) and fit in part of the charger I'm going to canibalize, with the rest of the important internals inside. I'll need to glue (epoxy) or screw on some prongs to fasten it, and I'll need to drill a couple holes in the back for the terminal connections. Also taking out the brightness knob for a few extra buttons.
Finally: the surface!

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Size of Nomad and Nomad battery holders?

Post by hailrazer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:24 am

Why not just do my battery mod ?
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Re: Size of Nomad and Nomad battery holders?

Post by com64 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:31 am

hailrazer wrote:Why not just do my battery mod ?
I forgot; I'll think about it.

What type (when I say type, I mean make and model) of battery is used?

I might actually just settle for an external battery pack like this, since it's more versatile (I'd like to use it for my RPi and GameGear as well).
http://dx.com/p/15000mah-external-recha ... -6v-129717" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aaaand it's just dawned on me that I can just use a couple strips of Velcro.
Finally: the surface!