Gamecube Controller questions

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Blargaman91
Gamecube Controller questions

Post by Blargaman91 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm

What I really need to do is wire buttons and other things directly to the IC found on the first party GC controller. I would like to use this IC because all the third party ones I've seen are just blobs and do not have legs. But the controller, of course, is covered in some paint-like substance that can be hard to remove. I need to see all the traces on this controller to decide where I need to wire things. So I would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide pinouts for that IC, pictures of the controller board without paint, or a way to get the paint off very easily.

I also would like to know if I really need to keep the many resistors and other surface mount devices on the controller board, because I cannot see what they are connected to. Third party controllers have not nearly as many. I would be ever appreciative if someone had an answer to my problems, thanks!