Charging a Ni-Cd battery

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

ModderMan
Charging a Ni-Cd battery

Post by ModderMan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:43 pm

I have a 3.6v 150ma Ni-Cd battery I got from some toy, it has a charger that takes 4 AA and outputs 4v, will this safely charge the battery?
- ModderMan

Blargaman91

Re: Charging a Ni-Cd battery

Post by Blargaman91 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 am

What kind of battery (in shape and design) is it exactly? If the charger accepts AA batteries you'll have to make some other way to draw the power from the charger. Ni-CD batteries shouldn't require any protection for charging, but 4v sounds a little low. I would think that a 3.6v battery should charge up to about 4.2v and in to achieve that 4.5v of charging power would be good. But I might be wrong, I don't have much experience with Ni-CD batteries. It might not go very high.

Bakuda
PSN Username:Bakuda

Charging a Ni Cd battery

Post by Bakuda » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 pm

New to all this stuff. Got my eGo-t kit today and currently charging a battery. The batteries come in with the "off" position. My question is: Do I do the initial charge with the battery in the "off" position, or should I turn it to the "on" position to charge.... or does it make a difference?
Hay un sitio farmaceutico fiable donde es posible adquirir Priligy en Espana con seguridad. Tambien trate de comprar Kamagra bucodispersable online que trata la disfuncion erectil con seguridad.