Making a dimmable led circuit for a snes

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Cogsey
Making a dimmable led circuit for a snes

Post by Cogsey » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:03 am

I'm just about to start my first project, I've never done anything like this before but after seeing vomit saws super nintoaster I thought I have to own 1 so I am going to try and recreate it. I think I have it all figured out and my parts are arriving in a few days the only trouble I think I will face is putting in the dimmable LEDs.

Where do I pick up the power to run my lights, also I will have a spare button on my toaster so I'm hoping to put in different coloured LEDs (red green blue) and be able to change from 1 colour to the next with my spare button.
In my head it's pretty straight forward, run power to my dimmer switch then out of the dimmer to another switch which will change the colour, then 3 sets of LEDs coming out of my colour switch.
Do you think I can achieve this

Any help would be appreciated

Now I just need to figure out how to use a solder iron I've never even held 1 before so I think it's going to be a bit of a learning curve with this project