How to get started when you dont know much?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

IggyRGW96
PSN Username:iggyrgw96
360 GamerTag:IggyRGW96
How to get started when you dont know much?

Post by IggyRGW96 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:37 am

Im currently designing my GCp and im a little worried about wireing my psone screen I just purchased. Im really new to moding but I would like to learn. I dont know were to start learning the wireing basics. I know some but I dont know were to turn to learn something so specific. My psone screen and tools will be coming in in a few days and I would like to get started asap. So any help would be greatly apriciated. Thx :D
01001001 01100111 01100111 01111001 01010010 01000111 01010111 00111001 00110110
[iGGyRgW96]

whatchitfoool
PSN Username:whatchitfoool
360 GamerTag:whatchitfoool
Steam ID:whatchitfoool

Re: How to get started when you dont know much?

Post by whatchitfoool » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 am

you don't need to learn or find anything specific. specific things come from the basics and how you can creativity apply them. you just generally need to learn all the basics. (google and wiki should get you through that if you really want to learn)

if you wanted to CAD or mechanically draw / design a case, you wouldn't ask how to do that specific thing- whoever you asked would just be doing it for you. you would not learn anything except how to copy a drawing someone else did. you might see how its done, but you wouldn't get the rules or the how&why of the material.

i could "teach" my friend how to make an LED Christmas tree from radioshack, but that's not teaching him design or electronics. its making him memorize a specific way to do something on a specific item. if i just told him "these are LEDS. they go over here and this way... these are resisters. over here like this... this is a transistor. put this over here facing this way" he could probably assemble it . he could make 1000 of them. i doubt very much if i bought a different kind of kit that making 1000 of the other would help him very much on the new one. it's a teach a man to fish thing.