Where to start?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

berinho
PSN Username:berinho
360 GamerTag:berinho
Steam ID:berinho1996
Where to start?

Post by berinho » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Hello, I was interested in a portable that I have seen the forum and would like to build my own.
I would like to build a Portable NES, but I have no idea where to start, someone can give me suggestions?

Sorry if in wrong area, this was the area would be best for my doubts.
Sorry if my english is too bad, so I am Brazilian and I know the basics of English (Google Translator ta giving me strength, hehe).

jaqiefox

Re: Where to start?

Post by jaqiefox » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm

start with two main things:

1) what size do you want it?

2) what do you want it to play, do you want it to be genuine nes hardware, do you wanna be able to load roms into it, play without cartridges, et cetra?

once you get those two down pat you can start looking at the devices that are sold, and finding out which ones fit your needs for board size and system capabilities.
Jaqie Fox, Genuine girl techie | http://foxtecha.com

berinho

Post by berinho » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:16 pm

@jaqiefox,
Sorry I could not tell him
I wanted a screen with at least 3 inches, and wanted to carry nes roms
Again, if the English is awful sorry.

berinho

Post by berinho » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 pm

For many days I created this topic and still not received an answer to help me.
Does anyone there could give me the answer I want?

berinho

Post by berinho » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:35 am

UP

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 am

Not sure exactly what you want people to tell you. No one is going to hold your hand through the whole portable making/building process. A lot of stuff in this hobby, you will find is trial by fire/error. However if you're serious and really want to make a portable start by reading a bunch of other peoples worklogs and the general info in the NES section/megasticky:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=12335" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Figure out what you want to accomplish exactly or who's portable you'd like to replicate and just start doing it, if you run into problems or have questions along the way first do a forum search to see if the question has been asked before. If not, make a new thread in the appropriate section and ask your question. Not sure how much help you'll get here though, as spambot replys generally just aren't that helpful when asking questions.

Good luck man.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage