Weird Battery Charging Problem (details inside)

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99
Weird Battery Charging Problem (details inside)

Post by resecnded x » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:47 am

ever since I got the turtle beach headset from DJ711 (btw, thanks again for the rechargeable batteries and charger :D ), its been working fine, but then the cable broke, and if that wasn't enough (I can fix the cable situation) now I think there's a problem with chargeing my AAA batteries

they are duracell rechargeable batteries of course, but when I go to charge them, the charger light which usually goes from red to green keeps on blinking red a couple hours in the charging phase

............does that mean there's something wrong with the batteries per se, or is it the charger itself
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

tom61

Re: Weird Battery Charging Problem (details inside)

Post by tom61 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 pm

If the batteries are more than a year old, it's likely that they've hit their charge limit.

resecnded x
PSN Username:ShadowXKaiser
360 GamerTag:King Kickass99

Post by resecnded x » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:05 am

tom61 wrote:If the batteries are more than a year old, it's likely that they've hit their charge limit.
huh..............that may explain why my AA rechargeable batteries haven't red lighted yet (I had a pack of them included with the turtle beach headset, and another order was from online with a new pack)

...................so does that mean my AAA batteries will be useless someday, or is it a warning for replacement
"Zeus, your son has returned; I have brought the destruction, OF OLYMPUS"

tom61

Post by tom61 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Red green flashing usually means the batteries are dead and will no longer take a charge. If another set of batteries work in the same charger, that pretty much rules out the charger being the issue.