Problem with my original gameboy screen

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

DoctorNicholas
Problem with my original gameboy screen

Post by DoctorNicholas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I have a red play it loud dmg-01 gameboy and i noticed this morning there are some black pixels off to the side of the screen (1 instrudes on playing). It wasn't there yesterday. I am just worried because I that is my favorite thing and I am poor and cannot afford to buy another original gameboy (havent seen any at any thrift stores; and this one guy who owns a mom and pop game store mods all of his for music and im not gonna buy one of those; and all the other stores that may have them are miles and miles away; and i dont buy things from online retailers). Is this something I can wipe off or anyhting? As stupid as that may sound I actually had to do that to another screen long ago (thats why I am asking). Please help me, I am in a situation where I cannot buy a replacement. If I know where to order a replacement screen (please dont say from an origin al gameboy, I hate to disect hardware even if its broken and for parts) then I might as well order a screen. Please soemone help me. Thanks

Rohan The Wind Waker

Re: Problem with my original gameboy screen

Post by Rohan The Wind Waker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:14 am

ummmm chillax its just part of the rubber holder.
Rohan The \/\/ind \/\/aker
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay