LCD wiring help

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

thecoo1est
LCD wiring help

Post by thecoo1est » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:59 am

First off, Hello how is everybody, Im a new member here and Im hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. Im attempting to make my own ps2p device, Im not a complete novice when it comes to modifying electronics but this is the first time Ive messed with a lcd screen on the component level I guess. Heres my problem, I have a 7 inch lcd from a polaroid dvd player, it has a t100a lcd controller board. I have wired it using the s-video Y&C. The wiring harness that went from t100a board to the larger board inside dvd player was labeled, so I have all video input correct and soldered, along with the correct power wires going to the correct output voltage on the ps2, The screen lights up and I can even see some black lines. I have 2 wires left, one labeled 12cclk and 12cdat, Im assuming clock and data, I believe these are whats preventing my screen from properly displaying the picture within the margins of the screen, is there anything I can do with this? Im sorry for the long story but Im trying to be as clear as I can.

thecoo1est

Re: LCD wiring help

Post by thecoo1est » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Ok guys, after reading info Ive come to the conclusion I cant use this screen without the mainboard of dvd player, so Im incorporating it in my design, Im attempting thinnest ps2p of all time, the extra board will add about a 1/8 inch to the thickness but I think I can live with it. It will also be pretty awesome to keep anyway because of the onboard audio with volume control and headphone jack, not to mention the battery charging mechanism which should be easy to integrate in. Thanks

thecoo1est

Re: LCD wiring help

Post by thecoo1est » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: