PSone screen video problems. (for a portable gamecube)

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

agentwd40
PSone screen video problems. (for a portable gamecube)

Post by agentwd40 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:19 pm

So, I've been working on a gamecube and as of ten minutes ago all the power regulator has been wired to the motherboard and get this... it works! (Can I get a what what?)

The only problem is... when I try to test it with my psx screen the screen lights up but no picture is displayed... I haven't soldered the connection yet I'm simply holding the wire to the connection. But it should still work right?

The PSX screen and Gamecube are currently both running off of wall power. (I've just cut the unnecessary cables and am drawing the 5v power source for the PSX screen from the back of the board)

another potential problem is that I want my portable to have TV out abilities so instead of removing the gamecube's AV out port I'm simply soldering the composite video wire to the corresponding pin on side B of the mother board. Could that be the problem?

agentwd40

Re: PSone screen video problems. (for a portable gamecube)

Post by agentwd40 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:54 pm

bump