Screen help for N64 portable

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

zerox
Screen help for N64 portable

Post by zerox » Mon May 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Hello there, I am new to making portables and at the moment I am part way through working on an N64 portable, my only problem at the moment is the screen, people always suggest to me the PSOne screen but it seems too hard to get, too expensive and too large for what I am doing. I was looking at one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-5-inch-TFT-LCD- ... 256247e7fd.
Now I have seen people use something like this before running off of 7.4V but every one like that I see on ebay says they run off a 12v power supply which is understandable with them being car monitors and all. But I was wondering if anyone could confirm for me that they run off 7.4v and if not is there any alternative that's around about that size. Thanks in advance =]

budnespid

Re: Screen help for N64 portable

Post by budnespid » Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm

You do realize that the n64 is spec'd to run off of 12v right? :wink:

Usually most things rated at 12v will run fine on 7.4v. All of the 3.5" screens I have used ran off of 7.4v, I've also had a few that ran on 5v.