keyboard mod help

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

HardcoreLewscher
keyboard mod help

Post by HardcoreLewscher » Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey guys, recently i got warhammer 40K dawn of war, (cheaper than all the models i used to own) :lol: , and i need help.
It uses a mouse and ctrl, alt and esc buttons. Now whilst this is ok on my laptop, when i plug the HDMI into my T.v, its awkward and i'd sooner use a mouse.
I owned a wireless mouse with 2 buttons on the side for farward and back on the internet explorer. Could i reconfigure this for the 2 Ctrl/Alt buttons? or modify my keyboard with the 3 buttons into one llittle handheld device? If i can use the perf board and buttons or anything. i just need my PC to read it as the 3 specified buttons. :?:

so any help on this one guys? :mrgreen:

Alternative idea is use a ps2 controller, and get my laptop to read left stick as mouse movement and right stick as alt+mouse movement, or 3/4 of the buttons as alt,ctrl and esc with the stick as mouse movement.... but how do i do this?
\¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
/_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")