Help with Xbox 360 Steering wheel.

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Chapppers
360 GamerTag:Chapppers
Help with Xbox 360 Steering wheel.

Post by Chapppers » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi guys,

New poster looking for a bit of advice. I'm having trouble with my 360 official steering wheel in that it doesn't seem to know when headsets are unplugged. This means I can't use a wired headset because it's not connecting properly and can't use a wireless headset with it because it still thinks a wired one is plugged in, which means it won't connect.

My knowledge of electronics is limited at best, but would anyone happen to know a simple mod I could do with the headset wiring to permanently disconnect the headset. I've tried unplugging the headset plug module and that didn't work but I think if I short some of the wires together it seems to close the circuit? (Yeah my knowledge is running out now!)

I've got the steering wheel open under the desk so if any pictures are needed to better describe what I'm on about I can provide them

Thanks!