Resistors

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

cheaterdragon1
Resistors

Post by cheaterdragon1 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:10 pm

I ordered soome parts in the mail to do a Genesis s-video mod and the resistors I ordered came like this:

The video I'm following had different ones:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDYxiuvPly0 (42 seconds in)

Will these still work?

(Please excuse the low quailty dark image.)

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Re: Resistors

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:59 pm

It doesn't matter what type they are, as long as you got about the correct resistance. The ones that you got are carbon composition, probably manufactured by ohmite. Those are one of the oldest types of "modern" resistors, and ohmite has been around forever. Those will be fine. For most applications, you can just go with the cheapest ones. For audio applications, different audiophiles will prefer different types of resistors; some will like carbon (many like vintage carbon ones), some like metal foil, etc.

The resistors in the video are of the metal foil variety.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

face
Steam ID:face

Re: Resistors

Post by face » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 am

use the color code to find out the resistance, and if it is the same resistance as the resistors in the vid then they will work