Training Questions

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

LotusX
360 GamerTag:LotusChild98
Training Questions

Post by LotusX » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 am

Hey all just had a general question. I am fresh out of high school and I am heading out the Air Force in the next two months. While I'm deployed for the next six years I plan to get as much college in as I can seeing as it will be free and all. My first four years I want to spend getting my B.S in Computer Science, that leaves me with at least two maybe more years of service that I can get schooling. My question is this. What would be the best college courses that I can take for hobbies such as these? I.E learning hardware, circuitry, things of that nature. I as of right now do not know where I will be going so any general information would be great so I can at least get an idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys hope to hear from you all soon. :mrgreen:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: Training Questions

Post by vskid » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

I doubt you'll have enough free time to do school full time, unless you're in the reserves or guard. You don't have to do all your paid-for-schooling while in the military, you should be able to get a lot for school after you get out (if the Air Force is the same as the Army in that regard, which I think it is).

LotusX

Post by LotusX » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Even so that still didn't answer my question

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:14 pm

this kinda stuff is more technical school type stuff than anything you would learn in college. Engineering, for example, is more about math and calculations than where to buy potentiometers and how to solder. Maybe Industrial Technology curriculums will have a few classes somewhat related.

LotusX

Post by LotusX » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Im thinking ill take 4 years of computer science and get my B.S in that, then ill start working on mechanical engineering for two years, just to add on to the computer science. And then if I need to learn anything else. Be a good nerd and use Google and Wiki

face
Steam ID:face

Post by face » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Well, I am studying telecommunications right now and the course teaches some very interesting things about electronics, like how to solder, electronic components, electric engineering etc.