slicK e-Reader

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Xc3ll3rator
slicK e-Reader

Post by Xc3ll3rator » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:15 am

I got a slicK e-Reader for Christmas and want to know if i can put linux on it. If so, how? I have never installed linux to anything other than computers, not devices..please help

George_Hack

Re: slicK e-Reader

Post by George_Hack » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:29 am

you need to be more specific ... make, model etc.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:39 am

Almost all eBook readers these days run Linux by default. The question is which one it runs and how to get root. This appears to be a fairly new product, so there isn't much info on it as of yet. Poke around in the manual, and dissect the device if you're bold (post disassembly pictures if you do), to see what it can do.
George_Hack wrote:you need to be more specific ... make, model etc.
I believe he is talking about this one: http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2010/ ... -e-reader/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xc3ll3rator

Post by Xc3ll3rator » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Right, thats the one. I have no idea which linux it is nor how to get to the root. I've been searching for a way to get the best out of this ereader, but nothing yet. And I havent opened it just yet because I dont want to void the warranty, not yet anyway.