Broken Gamecube component. Help!!

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

anidragon3
Broken Gamecube component. Help!!

Post by anidragon3 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Hello, I was building my GamecubePortable and a small component broke off :wtf: . It is labled C176. I was wondering if I would be able to bridge with solder and if it will still work??
It is on the underside of the motherboard with the memory cards. I will work on getting some pictures up.

NateN34
Steam ID:NateN34

Re: Broken Gamecube component. Help!!

Post by NateN34 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:04 pm

anidragon3 wrote:Hello, I was building my GamecubePortable and a small component broke off :wtf: . It is labled C176. I was wondering if I would be able to bridge with solder and if it will still work??
It is on the underside of the motherboard with the memory cards. I will work on getting some pictures up.
Yes, do what Hailraizer said below.
Last edited by NateN34 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overlordlink wrote:alright well i was kinda deabating whether or not to finish my SnesP, Or to slightly romance something that existed to met my needs but it appears as if im gonna stick with the SnesP. At least for now lol

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm

NateN34 wrote:
anidragon3 wrote:Hello, I was building my GamecubePortable and a small component broke off :wtf: . It is labled C176. I was wondering if I would be able to bridge with solder and if it will still work??
The side of the board with memory cards? Didn't know the PSone screen had memory cars :facepalm:
He didn't say Psone screen moherboard he said Gamecube motherboard. :facepalm:

I wouldn't bridge it with solder. Most likely it is a small surface mount cap. Try to run the Gamecbe without it and see if it still works properly.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:32 am

@NateN34

The Title is "Broken Gamecube component. Help!!"

He Said "GamecubePortable"

You and I Both Know That A Screen Would Not Have A Memory Card.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC