Battery Help

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Supreme Dirt
Battery Help

Post by Supreme Dirt » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Alrighty, I have the SNES ready, the screen waiting, and the battery in my hand.

Now, my plan was quite simple - I have an RC battery pack - 1000mAh, 9.6 V - with a charger.

My idea would be to use the charger wires - and thus connector - to hook the battery up to the SNES itself. Because it's my first portable, I figure soldering it to the power cord for the SNES should allow it to power the system, and keep the ability to hook it up to a TV as an actual SNES, which was in my plans.

I plan to do the same thing with the screen - a PSOne screen - and have two batteries, one powering the screen and one the system.

My questions are will this work, and what resistors will I have to use?

If it won't, how am I able to do this? Is there perhaps a way to power off of rechargable AAs (or C, most likely)?

Also, if there's a guide anywhere on how to make a battery level indicator, it would be appreciated as well.