battery question

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

collinE
Re: battery question

Post by collinE » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:30 pm

it would seem to me that you want to wire your portable up to v+ and ground but ideally you should use a multimeter to find out which is giving off the 7.4v. as far as charging it, hopefully someone else can help :/
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

thewizdawg

Post by thewizdawg » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:49 pm

That charging circuit looks big and overly complicated.

You could just take out the batteries and buy a cheap protection circuit from batteryspace and connect the batteries to it.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:26 pm

I think Ive seen this battery, It has a built-in DC-DC converter. I think. It outputs 9v right?

Id recommenced using the external charging pins or getting another protection circuit.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

DukDog

Post by DukDog » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:19 am

collinE wrote:it would seem to me that you want to wire your portable up to v+ and ground but ideally you should use a multimeter to find out which is giving off the 7.4v. as far as charging it, hopefully someone else can help :/
I think you'd want to wire up the charger and load to P+. At least that's what you hook up to with these circuit boards. I would assume the P stands for protected, but that's just my novice deductive logic.
Think! I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
ImageImage