Old Arcade Machines- Games

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Designer noob
Old Arcade Machines- Games

Post by Designer noob » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:58 pm

I am looking for games that are like the striker games for the old arcade machines. They can be pretty much for any console. SNES, NES, PS1, GBC, GBA, PSP-2000, old arcade machines etc.

Striker is the game where you are a ship and you can fire missiles and other random stuff. You get upgrades to increase from one line shot to two or three. You go up the sscreen horizontal and face many other ships and bosses at the end of the level.
The N64/GBA Remix
Image ............................................................................................................................................. Xbox360 WVI

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Re: Old Arcade Machines- Games

Post by Rekarp » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Vertical Shooters? I know of no horizontal shooters.

NES has 1942 and 1943. Both are awesome.
Atari2600 RiverRaid is a classic
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Designer noob

Post by Designer noob » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:54 pm

I am talking about the big arcade machines not the SNES or NES. The 6ft tall by 4ft wide. The ones that you can play at game arcades.
The N64/GBA Remix
Image ............................................................................................................................................. Xbox360 WVI

tom61

Post by tom61 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Rekarp wrote:Vertical Shooters? I know of no horizontal shooters.
R-Type, Einhander, UN Squadron and are just the few horizontal shooters I can think of off the top of my head. There are some that switch directions from vertical to horizontal, but I can't name them off the top of my head.
Designer noob wrote:I am talking about the big arcade machines not the SNES or NES. The 6ft tall by 4ft wide. The ones that you can play at game arcades.
Err, you asked for any console in your first post. Anyway, for arcade if you like the Strikers 194X series, the Raiden series of shooters will be right up your alley, particularly the Raiden Fighters sub-series. Aero Fighters is also good.

Also, this would probably be better if it was in the arcade sub-forum.

rikitheshadow

Post by rikitheshadow » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Raiden, Raiden II, RaidenDX, Raiden Figters, Aero Fighters, 1942, the list goes on......

Designer noob

Post by Designer noob » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks for the posts
The N64/GBA Remix