gamecube laptop

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Wipacer
Steam ID:Wipacer8
gamecube laptop

Post by Wipacer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:38 pm

first off does anyone have a picture of the guts of a gamecube? why it it so effin tall? can they be spread apart? and then second.. i have a laptop... its screen works and stuff but it has no imput...

J.D

Re: gamecube laptop

Post by J.D » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 pm

The Gamecube is so tall because of the disk drive. The actual board isn't that big, actually. Also, if it has no input, wire the video and audio on your Gamecube to the screen.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Wipacer wrote: i have a laptop... its screen works and stuff but it has no imput...
Laptop screens can't be used in portables.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Wipacer

Post by Wipacer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:58 pm

um yeah i dont really know how to post pics in my message so heres a small crap pic of what i was thinking.

the bottem 2 squares off the end r memory cards... 4 wires r controlers... square in middle is same old pop up disc drive.... 3 buttons r power reset and open.... what do you think? will it work?

Wipacer

Post by Wipacer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:59 pm

sorry heres a link
http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... ubejpg.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and why not?

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:23 pm

i assume you mean, "why cant i use that screen?"?

if so, you cant use it, because it use an LVDS connection, or similar, which doesnt work with your standard rca, composite, s-video, and rgb that you can get off a game cube.

your design is good, but it will have to be beyond thick. the GCDD is huge! like, 4 inches thick. not pretty for a laptop.
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Sam, I'm pretty sure you're largely overstating the thickness of the GC and it'd disc drive, have you seen hailrazer's ncube or zenloc's new GCp? Both of them are very thin, like 2" I beleive at most with EVERYTHING.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:27 am

snowpenguin wrote:Sam, I'm pretty sure you're largely overstating the thickness of the GC and it'd disc drive, have you seen hailrazer's ncube or zenloc's new GCp? Both of them are very thin, like 2" I beleive at most with EVERYTHING.
More like a bit over 3" at the deepest point.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:40 pm

hailrazer wrote:
snowpenguin wrote:Sam, I'm pretty sure you're largely overstating the thickness of the GC and it'd disc drive, have you seen hailrazer's ncube or zenloc's new GCp? Both of them are very thin, like 2" I beleive at most with EVERYTHING.
but you guys slimmed the drive quite a bit, didnt you? i kinda figured, this guy is a n00b, ya know? :wink:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:50 pm

samjc3 wrote:
hailrazer wrote:
but you guys slimmed the drive quite a bit, didnt you? i kinda figured, this guy is a n00b, ya know? :wink:
No you can't really slim the drive down. There is a certain depth between where the Gd-Rom sits and the bottom of the laser assembly that can't be changed. And unfortunately that constitutes the deepest part of the Gd-rom. So you can cut away plastic and make it less wide but there is no way to make it less deep.
My Portable Systems: