Is there a way...

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm

Don't knock them until you try them. I purchased them strictly for working on pianos. There's far more tactile demand there than gaming.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

HBN

Post by HBN » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Tibia wrote:Don't knock them until you try them. I purchased them strictly for working on pianos. There's far more tactile demand there than gaming.
That depends on your gaming. Mostly, you're right. But having experienced both, there are a few ways were gaming is higher in demand of tactile prowess.

I'll try them, though. For you. :).
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:11 pm

Handball gloves or something similar. Sounds like poor circulation in the arms but I ain't no doctor.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

APHawkes

Post by APHawkes » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 am

When my fingers get cold when gaming I put a warm towel or blanket over my hands. As in, my hands are holding the controller normally, but there's a cover over everything. Another trick I use is to put a pillow (bed or throw) on my lap and rest my hands on top of it. Not only is it comfortable, but the pillow usually helps keep (the bottoms) of my hands warm. Final suggestion: get a heating pad and hold it near your hands when you're gaming.

HBN

Post by HBN » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Rekarp wrote:Sounds like poor circulation in the arms but I ain't no doctor.
That's exactly what it is, actually. Only its more in my hands/wrists than my arms (I think anyways). Plagued me for a LONG time. Even when I'm on my computer for long typing sessions (I'm a writer), my fingers get very cold.

The only controller that I don't think causes this is the PSone, w/o analog (SONY brand). I could be wrong. I don't generally use them for as long as I do others.

APHawkes, Good idea! And simple (like most good ideas). I'll give it a shot.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:36 pm

HBN wrote:
Valium wrote:Cut the fingers off em?
:shock: WHAT!?!?!? :shock:

EDIT: OH! The gloves....>.>.... Umm...Its a thought....Its hard for me to cut the fingers off the gloves I have. Very nice, and kinda expensive.

EDIT2: Wait, that wont work.... My fingers are whats getting cold Cutting the fingers off of the gloves would defeat the purpose.
I snickered and giggled at that post. :lol:

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:21 pm

Playing the piano is not working on a piano. Not by a long shot. :roll:
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

HBN

Post by HBN » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 am

Aguiluz wrote:
HBN wrote:
Valium wrote:Cut the fingers off em?
:shock: WHAT!?!?!? :shock:

EDIT: OH! The gloves....>.>.... Umm...Its a thought....Its hard for me to cut the fingers off the gloves I have. Very nice, and kinda expensive.

EDIT2: Wait, that wont work.... My fingers are whats getting cold Cutting the fingers off of the gloves would defeat the purpose.
I snickered and giggled at that post. :lol:
So did I... Much to the displeasure of the feline in my lap at the moment who looked at me like "WTF are you laughing at, hooman? And why are you disturbing my rest?".

Tibia wrote:Playing the piano is not working on a piano. Not by a long shot. :roll:
To right you are. Not sure where that came from, but you're right.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.