Do you think this is possible?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Dr. KillGood
Do you think this is possible?

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 pm

See I want a left handed mouse, because I think that the mouse is best in the left hand (because your right is free to *fap*fap*fap*). So that is the hand I use it in, problem is all super awesome mice are for right hand's. So the buttons are on the wrong side.

Logitech makes a left handed laser mouse as seen below. They also make a right handed WIRED version.

Wireless = failure.

Do you think, if I got this left handed one, and then a wired right handed one.....

Do you think I could use the innards from the right hand mouse, put them into the left hand mouse shell and make a left handed wired mouse?
Then take the wireless parts and make a right handed wireless mouse and sell it lol?

Do you think it is possible, with my skill level?

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:34 pm

sure it would be possible, but why do you hate wireless?
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:36 pm

In the middle of an intense battle ....................
You die..........Loose all progress..........
The replace the batteries and play all over again

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Also it is a *PROVEN FACT* that wireless has a tiny millisecond of lag compared to wired, and that matters in a FPS.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:41 pm

good point. just replaced batteries today
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:31 pm

Don't see why you can't do what you want, with a right handed mouse's guts in a left handed mouse casing. Probably just a case of rewiring the button contacts, which will be standard wires to rubber contact pads or tacts anyway. (at least that is what I saw a while ago when I repaired an old Logitech mouse I had).

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:33 pm

With a mouse, it is ALWAYS tact switches, that's where the "click" comes from.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:Also it is a *PROVEN FACT* that wireless has a tiny millisecond of lag compared to wired, and that matters in a FPS.
Oh please. The lag is insignificant compared to human reaction time.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:59 pm

You know there's an option to switch right and left mouse buttons in windows, right?
Hey, sup?

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:08 pm

bicostp wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:Also it is a *PROVEN FACT* that wireless has a tiny millisecond of lag compared to wired, and that matters in a FPS.
Oh please. The lag is insignificant compared to human reaction time.
eh i notice it. makes it feel like theres drag on the mouse cursor. it gets worse as the batteries are used.

also, to Killgood, try the RAZER line of mice. theyre phenominnal and ambidextrous

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:47 pm

Are you back again Kurt_, again?

17daysolderthannes

Re: Do you think this is possible?

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote: Do you think I could use the innards from the right hand mouse, put them into the left hand mouse shell and make a left handed wired mouse?
Then take the wireless parts and make a right handed wireless mouse and sell it lol?
highly UNlikely, and here's why:

wireless and corded mice are very different from a hardware perspective. This means that the placement tabs, etc. will be in a different place for each respective mouse and would mean you would probably have to do a whole ton of cutting and fabbing to get it to work, if not ghetto rigging like crazy, and who wants a ghetto rigged mouse, amiright? There is a small chance that since they are almost the same mouse made by the same company that they might be the same outer shell, but this is still VERY unlikely unless you can see a hole on the front of the wireless mouse where a cord would normally go. So, to conclude, is it possible? yes. Will it be easy? probably (almost definitely) not. Will the end result function with OEM quality? almost absolutely positively not, if even one placement tab is different it will mean loose internal components and you would have to stuff your mouse with miscellaneous crap to hold stuff in place.

end conclusion: keep looking or deal with wireless.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 pm

No see they make a mouse that is the EXACT SAME except it is flipped 180 degrees and has a USB wire.

Flo

Post by Flo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:59 am

If you're so picky about mice that you think you can notice a difference in responsiveness between a modern wireless mouse and a wired one then you don't want a mouse like that anyway. You'll want a "gamer" mouse with DPI adjustments and all those bells and whistles.

As for the charge. Just check the battery indicator before you to go bed. The one on my Logitech updates in 5%-increments and if it's under 30% I put it on the charger over night.

The only wireless mouse that ever died on me in the middle of a game was an old Microsoft one with no battery indicator at all.

Aguiluz

Re: Do you think this is possible?

Post by Aguiluz » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Dr. KillGood (Tiny Letters) wrote:(because your right is free to *fap*fap*fap*)
What the f..... :shock:

Also I use wireless for gaming. Good stuff. Look at the Random Mod V.