GN Twin won't power on

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

cpd2008
GN Twin won't power on

Post by cpd2008 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:22 am

I recently got a GN Twin Genesis/SNES console, and it was working great, for about 5 minutes. Turns out the pack in AC Adapter burned out.

I tried another one equivalent to the 10v 300mA that the GN Twin requires, (9v, 1000mA), and the unit powered back on, but there was line interference on the screen. I then set out for another one equal to the 10v requrement, but I made the fatal mistake that most people make with these clones....plug in an official power adapter. I plugged it in and there was a buzz in the audio, which should mean the unit wasn't getting enough power, so I plugged the AC adapter that did work back in, and now it doesn't power on at all.

I believe I fried it, but I opened the GN Twin up, and I don't see any burn marks or anything to indicate overload on the circuit boards.

Any ideas?

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:02 am

Completely wrong forum. This should go in Tech Q&A.

Have someone with the same power adapter (the one that came with it) actually test it to get the exact voltage and amperage and then find a suitable replacement and test it. I have a 7.5V power adapter that actually puts out over 15v. Yeah, thats kinda crazy.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable