Screen Realestate

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Murdok09
Screen Realestate

Post by Murdok09 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 am

Does anyone know of some ways to get more screen space?

Im currently using launchy, objecdock, and a customized firefox. Any other tips?

Also, does anyone know the extension for windows that lets you press a button so you can shift from one screen to another (dual display)?

thanks!

Murdok09

Post by Murdok09 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Update: Sorry for being so non-descriptive. What I am trying to do is get the most screen space possible on two monitors without buying another monitor. What I mean by screen space is not having windows overlap and having space to do as I'd like without constantly going to the startbar, etc. I am using Launchy so I don't have to hunt for programs, and I am using objectdock so I can customize what my startbar looks like. Is there anything else you all can recommend so that I can get the most viewing space possible for multiple programs, etc.?

Murdok09

Post by Murdok09 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Update: Sorry for being so non-descriptive. What I am trying to do is get the most screen space possible on two monitors without buying another monitor. What I mean by screen space is not having windows overlap and having space to do as I'd like without constantly going to the startbar, etc. I am using Launchy so I don't have to hunt for programs, and I am using objectdock so I can customize what my startbar looks like. Is there anything else you all can recommend so that I can get the most viewing space possible for multiple programs, etc.?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Run at your monitor's maximum or native resolution, and use something like Virtual Desktop Manager to minimize window switching.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx

Also, get rid of things that waste space. (For example, that StarDock launcher thing is unnecessary, just use the Start Menu or the Quick Launch bar built into Windows.) Also run in Windows Classic mode, because it takes up less space than the other Windows visual styles.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:22 pm

you could... press F11 in firefox

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"