GoDaddy

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

THON
GoDaddy

Post by THON » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:21 am

A friend of mine used to host my website on his server. The domain was purchased through GoDaddy, and I want to switch to a different server, e-mail address, etc. but keep the same domain. I asked him to cancel the domain so I could buy it and do what I wanted with it.

Well this has been done, but it still says I can't buy it. How long will I have to wait before I can buy the domain again?

Adam G

Re: GoDaddy

Post by Adam G » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:39 pm

THON wrote:A friend of mine used to host my website on his server. The domain was purchased through GoDaddy, and I want to switch to a different server, e-mail address, etc. but keep the same domain. I asked him to cancel the domain so I could buy it and do what I wanted with it.

Well this has been done, but it still says I can't buy it. How long will I have to wait before I can buy the domain again?
Why didn't you just change the DNS settings to a different server?:?: ...or am I just really mis-understanding?

He hosted domain xx.yy, you switch hosting, he canceled domain, and you can't buy it?...

THON

Re: GoDaddy

Post by THON » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:10 pm

Adam G wrote:
THON wrote:A friend of mine used to host my website on his server. The domain was purchased through GoDaddy, and I want to switch to a different server, e-mail address, etc. but keep the same domain. I asked him to cancel the domain so I could buy it and do what I wanted with it.

Why didn't you just change the DNS settings to a different server?:?: ...or am I just really mis-understanding?

He hosted domain xx.yy, you switch hosting, he canceled domain, and you can't buy it?...
Checking back now, the site now says domain cancel processing, and his information is no longer listed in the more information section for the site.

I did not want to be associated with him anymore, so I wanted to start fresh and buy the domain myself as well as have my contact information instead of his.