Access on Ubuntu

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Access on Ubuntu

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:01 am

Ok I need to get Microsoft Access on my laptop. Everytime I've tried to install it on the computer using Wine, it's crashed. So I'm wondering if there is a solution.

The only one that comes to my mind is to install it on my Windows partition (seperate computer) and them transfer it over and run it through Wine. I know this worked when I installed World of Warcraft then moved it over to Windows, but am not sure if this solution will work.

Let me know if my idea is worth trying, or a waste of timel. If it's a waste of time let me know if there is a solution I can try.

Thanks guys.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

jackfb13

Re: Access on Ubuntu

Post by jackfb13 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:59 pm

Sparkfist wrote:Ok I need to get Microsoft Access on my laptop. Everytime I've tried to install it on the computer using Wine, it's crashed. So I'm wondering if there is a solution.

The only one that comes to my mind is to install it on my Windows partition (seperate computer) and them transfer it over and run it through Wine. I know this worked when I installed World of Warcraft then moved it over to Windows, but am not sure if this solution will work.

Let me know if my idea is worth trying, or a waste of timel. If it's a waste of time let me know if there is a solution I can try.

Thanks guys.
Alcohol is bad :) :)

Shoot me an invite!

parkie

Post by parkie » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:52 pm

Yeah its worth trying for sure, My wine does no like it when i try intall so i just intstall on xp and then run with wine :fine:D