Hack the 2000!

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj
Hack the 2000!

Post by demonofaj » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Well, recently my school was giving away some computers, and I snagged one. Pretty decent Pentium 2 with a 16MB. Video Card, 128Mb. RAM...but installed with Windows 2000. Now they didn't have the pass word, and I can't use this because I can't even sign in. Anyone know a way I can crack the password and just get in?
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:33 pm

Well in windows xp you can use a trick to log in. Double press ctrl alt del. (this doesn't apply to windows 2000) then just log in as administrator. (ya as the name) might work for 2000.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Download the boot disk from here.
http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

You can reset the admin password. I've done it to several PCs I got that were locked up.

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:29 pm

jeroen wrote:Well in windows xp you can use a trick to log in. Double press ctrl alt del. (this doesn't apply to windows 2000) then just log in as administrator. (ya as the name) might work for 2000.
Thank you marshallh! And Jeroen, that will help me out...so much...muahahah!
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:18 pm

double tapping CAD only works on XP pro, and that only works if Admin doesn't have a password or admin hasn't been renamed..

Because my computer has remote desktop enabled, I've renamed my admin account to prevent people trying to brute force their way into my PC..

Windows 2000 PC's have SAM files, which you can access from anywhere.. These contain the password for all accounts on the computers.

XP has them too, but they're protected. The only way to get around this is to find a backup SAM file from the windows XP installation recovery, and hope the admin didn't change the password since they installed XP.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Nucklez

Post by Nucklez » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:51 pm

I have a boot CD that starts up a GUI that looks very similar to Windows XP. That disk has everything you need to work on broken versions of Windows 2000/XP. You can reset any user account on the computer, edit the registry, browse pr0n on the internet and even destroy all the contents of a hard drive. The CD is called Boot Commander by Winternals. Which I now see is a part of Microsoft and they charge for the thing. Strange... It works great if you can get your hands on it. :)

http://www.winternals.com/Products/Admi ... fault.aspx

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:57 pm

marshallh wrote:Download the boot disk from here.
http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

You can reset the admin password. I've done it to several PCs I got that were locked up.
That's the best tool ever for password recovery. 8)

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:46 am

My school is lame and uses

Username: Administrator
Password: root

:lol: I found that one out like a semester ago