Need some help (Turboing a mouse)

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Droke
Need some help (Turboing a mouse)

Post by Droke » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:23 pm

A friend of mine wont play any game without a cheat device of some sort. (strangly, he is a great player but still prefers playing with cheats... :? ) He asked me to make him a turboed mouse, but the only way I could figure out that would work is useing a timer. I tried but couldent get ether of my timers work (for simple LEDS). So does anyone have a simple method using resistors, caps, diodes, or transistors to give the same effect?

If anyone has a way, I would be very greatful :)

Edit: The basic consept is to turn the current from the click on/off.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 am

so he wants to hold down the mouse button and have it click rapidly?

you could probably do something with a 555 timer. there are tons of tutorials on the internet on using them. only problem is you would probably need an external power source if its a ps/2 mouse. and even if its USB i think you need at least +10v, but it could be totally wrong, i have like no experience wtih 555's except for one two hour lab.

id personally use a microcontroller, but im guessing you dont have a programmer.

either way it would be easy to add a speed control as well, for extra leetness.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:01 am

I realize this isn't what you're wanting to do, but it can be done via software instead of hardware. A program like Joy to Key can do it, I believe.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:12 am

timmeh87 wrote:so he wants to hold down the mouse button and have it click rapidly?

you could probably do something with a 555 timer. there are tons of tutorials on the internet on using them. only problem is you would probably need an external power source if its a ps/2 mouse. and even if its USB i think you need at least +10v, but it could be totally wrong, i have like no experience wtih 555's except for one two hour lab.

id personally use a microcontroller, but im guessing you dont have a programmer.

either way it would be easy to add a speed control as well, for extra leetness.
There was a mod like that for xbox controllers (for rapid shot), I saw it somewhere on hackaday.

Found it.

Droke

Post by Droke » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:05 pm

Thats just what I need, thanks :)
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.