PS2 InterNet Gaming

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune
PS2 InterNet Gaming

Post by Jongamer » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:22 pm

Ok, I am Getting a PS2 Slim For Christmas after all the Years of not haveing either an Xbox or PS2 onlly a GC and all my other Retro systems.
and I know the PS2 Slim has Built in Ethernet and I was Wondering if Online is Free?

And what Will I need to Start Playing online? I already know a Ethernet Cable and a Broadband Connection, I Already Have that. I also Have my own DSL modem In my Room, just no Hub.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Well it is free I think, For all the games i played it was free ( Socom 1 and 2 ) And I forget if you need anything else i think you just plug in the ethernet cord, set it up and play.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:44 am

gamemasterAS wrote:Well it is free I think, For all the games i played it was free ( Socom 1 and 2 ) And I forget if you need anything else i think you just plug in the ethernet cord, set it up and play.
some mmorpgs cost money such as final fantasy online which you wouldnt be able to play anyway sonsidering you need a harddrive in your ps2 which you cant do with the slimline