Creative Zen V Plus

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Lucretius
Creative Zen V Plus

Post by Lucretius » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:50 pm

My Aunt has heard about me using a "cd player" to listen to music and thought I was "living in the past." Concepts I'm all for if it means I get to keep this spiffy new Creative Zen V Plus she got me (green/black version, sweet). I installed the software, hooked up the player adn...nothing. While the media explorer bundled with and needed acknowledges that there is a player connected, any time I try to add "media" it says the damn thing is diconected or busy. Well I can see it isn't, so what do you guys think is going on here?
-Luke

Ness

Post by Ness » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 pm

Control Panel ---> System ---> Hardware Tab ---> Device Manager!

Look to see if the driver is having problems. If so, make sure the device is NOT plugged into the PC, right click on the driver, and select "Update Drivers". With the device CD in the drive, let it locate the driver automatically and it should install it correctly. When finished, reset the PC, and then plug in your device.

If that's not the issue, make sure you check the requirements, because sometimes you need an updated version of windows media player or something else.

Hope this helps you!
Future WIP - X360L

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:59 am

Oppsies, turns out I just forgot to install a crucial piece of software. :oops:

Luckily, this thread shall not go to waste, for I have yet another problem! I would like to covert two .mov files to .avi files, but my computer refuses to do it. I was hopng someone might offer their services to me. Any takers? :)
-Luke