How do I make

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

GamegenIe
How do I make

Post by GamegenIe » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:00 pm

I want to know if it is possible for me to create my own game system. I want to combine a Dreamcast, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360. If so can you email me explicit instructions[/img]

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:05 pm

Do you want to use the same dvd/cd drive and have it small. That would be impossible my friend. However if you wanna use a huge box and some switches and seperate dvd/cd drives it's in theory possible.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:18 pm

You might as well use an A/V switch and a power strip. That will accomplish the same thing as building all the seperate systems together into a single case (only cheaper).

Ness

Post by Ness » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:20 pm

I love how this genius wants explicit instructions for a system that hasn't been released yet. Some people simply fascinate me...especially with only one post. :roll:
Future WIP - X360L

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Plus in one box it's bound to overheat.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:13 pm

Yoshi did this with his y-box, see if you get the The Screen Savers episode with it in it.

GamegenIe

thanks dude, need more help

Post by GamegenIe » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:01 pm

jeroen wrote:Do you want to use the same dvd/cd drive and have it small. That would be impossible my friend. However if you wanna use a huge box and some switches and seperate dvd/cd drives it's in theory possible.
Hey man love the info, but could you give me schematics, price lists, etc. when it is released. It would be greatly appreciated. Hey dudes email me sometimes. It should be posted :D

GamegenIe

Post by GamegenIe » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Ness wrote:I love how this genius wants explicit instructions for a system that hasn't been released yet. Some people simply fascinate me...especially with only one post. :roll:
Hey dude, did'nt mean to oofend you: but I'm a newbie at this console hacking. :oops: I'm only good at constructing PC's and Macs :lol:

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:21 pm

Look first this forum isn't really a place get to step-by-step instructions for constructing a modded console or making a portable console (get Ben's book for that). Go to G4.com and do a search for y-boxx, or just a google search, you could end up on Yoshi's site and he has details about it. From that you can make your own variation, but there is no way possible to have someone give you instruction as to how to do such a project.

Reason for not instructions: First of the systems that are currently release not many of the members on the board have all of them. The members that do have all the currently released consoles would likely not be interested in butchering them to help a member in a project that they are not interested in. There are two console you have listed that no one knows the final look of htem (no motherboard pics) and so can not help you with possible ways to place them with the other console in a some configuration.

Please use your brain, this is not an insult this is asking you to use the smarts that everyone has and the problem solving skill everyone (should) have to construct this project on your own. If you need technical help as to specific aspects of the consoles, please dont' be disauded to ask.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:34 am

perhaps you should start with a simpler project before you try to dive into something so ambitious.

most people break at least one system in the process of making a (single-system!) portable, this is truer the newer the system is, and truer the newer the person is to hacking. ive had a xbox just stop working for no reason after i (man)handled the motherboard a bit. static? broken solder joint? ill never know.

your console idea is going to cost you at least $1500, it would suck to accidentally break your ps3 because you dont know what you are doing (or just by crappy luck), that alone would make the total cost jump to over $2000.

there are many technical challenges that you have not yet encoutered, or even thought of yet. theres a thread relating to a triple-portable in the N64 forum right now, to give you an idea of what i mean. i would reccomend going through that learning experince with a much cheaper system, perhaps a SNES and/or a NOAC.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

jeroen

Re: thanks dude, need more help

Post by jeroen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:43 am

GamegenIe wrote:
jeroen wrote:Do you want to use the same dvd/cd drive and have it small. That would be impossible my friend. However if you wanna use a huge box and some switches and seperate dvd/cd drives it's in theory possible.
Hey man love the info, but could you give me schematics, price lists, etc. when it is released. It would be greatly appreciated. Hey dudes email me sometimes. It should be posted :D
Dude I was being a tad sarcastic. :roll:
Yeah it's in theory possible. But how the fudge can I give you schematics for this when the ps3 is not even out yet! Not to mention the wii.

Nucklez

Post by Nucklez » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:16 pm

GamegenIe, when you get done with your project, can you please forward me your final notes and schematics?

Thanks

*Edit:
Sorry, I don't like being mean actually. Man, are you new with technical forums? It does offend people when someone comes in demanding things. What you ask is nearly impossible, unless you just cram it all in some type of box. It would be pointless to do that though, in my opinion. All I do is put all of my consoles in a cabinet below the TV with a switch box that I got from EBGames. They even have A/V cables now that support 4+ systems without having to use a switch box, but for all systems to share the same DVD drive would be practically impossible. They all use different format disks. DVD, HD DVD and Blue Ray. Good luck on any future projects though.

GamegenIe

Post by GamegenIe » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Nucklez wrote:GamegenIe, when you get done with your project, can you please forward me your final notes and schematics?

Thanks

*Edit:
Sorry, I don't like being mean actually. Man, are you new with technical forums? It does offend people when someone comes in demanding things. What you ask is nearly impossible, unless you just cram it all in some type of box. It would be pointless to do that though, in my opinion. All I do is put all of my consoles in a cabinet below the TV with a switch box that I got from EBGames. They even have A/V cables now that support 4+ systems without having to use a switch box, but for all systems to share the same DVD drive would be practically impossible. They all use different format disks. DVD, HD DVD and Blue Ray. Good luck on any future projects though.
I would love to foward any of my projects; if I knew the first about constructing them. Thanks for the encouragement. Hey, dude think you could help me. I hear that you are highly skilled. Let's talk games sometimes. My e-mail is posted. :wink:

Ness

Post by Ness » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:25 pm

I didn't mean to be stupid, but I'm sorry...the items aren't released yet. There is no information available on 2 of the consoles, and I doubt it will be for a while especially with the ps3 being about $600.

Wait til next year, seriously, and then look around for schematics.

EDIT:::
Keep an eye out on this site:

http://www.llamma.com/

They usually get good stuff when it comes out.
Future WIP - X360L