Weird Switch

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Mikeyman64
Weird Switch

Post by Mikeyman64 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:02 pm

Hey guys. I'm fixing one of my dad's employees Razor Choppers. It's an electric mini motorbike that holds up to 260lbs, pretty cool.
Anyway, what I think the problem is, is this little overload switch:
I think it's broken. I just don't know where to find one 'cause I don't know exactly what it's called. I'm almost positive that it's a thermal overload reset switch but I've tried searching for that on Mouser and Radio Shack. So does anyone know what it's called or (if I'm lucky) have a product number for it? There are no numbers or letters on it at all.
Go Here! On Your Wii!

Matt. 5:27

codeman

Post by codeman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:48 pm

Actually i think it's a resettable fuse... we use something that looks very similar to that at work in the things we build.
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"Say, what does this button do?"

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:59 pm

yep that thar be a standard breaker

When it blows you just reset it, so if it keepsgoing you have too many amps passing by it, check you project and retry
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Mikeyman64

Post by Mikeyman64 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:07 pm

Well, the amperage is no different than the day he bought the thing, so I don't think it would be too many amps. Is it possible for these things to break over excessive use? I was just going to buy another one. That's really the perpose of this thread, I wanted to know if anyone knew exactly what this was called. Is it a standard breaker or a ressetable fuse?
Go Here! On Your Wii!

Matt. 5:27