DS Overclocking Help Needed

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Pin 1 on most metal oscillators (full-size or half size) is N/C. So don't connect it.

:)

Pin 1 is N/C
Pin 2 is GND
Pin 3 is clock output
Pin 4 is 3.3v/5v input.

Cycotic

Post by Cycotic » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:05 pm

Thank you SO much! I appreciate everyone's help! I'm going to go try rewiring my oscillator now, I'll let you know what happens!

EDIT: Nope. no go with the rewiring. The DS still doesn't turn on... Not even the green LED comes now. I'm starting to think I broke it permanently... Oh well. Is it possible that I un-jumped a necessary connection? Does anyone know whether the connection E12 (or something like that) is necessary for running the DS? I tried re-jumping it before, but I always ended up with (what looked like) shorts, due to my bad soldering skills. I'll try some more things, and report.

REPORT: Well, I still haven't fixed my DS. However, due to some helpful information by both Kurt_ and vb_master, I should be able to get it running again!
The marshmallows are coming...

"I'm getting one of those, y'know, headaches with pictures!"
"...An idea?"
"Mm! Mmhmm!" - Fry and Leela, <i>Futurama</i>