PlayStation to PC controller ports and card reader questions

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Morden
PlayStation to PC controller ports and card reader questions

Post by Morden » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:22 am

I've found some information on the web on how to make a memory card reader for PlayStation cards that connects to the serial port. Connecting PlayStation controllers to a serial port doesn't seem that hard either.

What I was wondering is, after the disassemby and extraction of the ports, do I have to bust it up completly, or is it possible to solder to the already existing points? This is what I mean:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4577/dsc02238tl0.jpg

If it's possible to solder right onto that, maybe someone could descire the procedure if I wanted to make a card reader?

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:55 pm

Could you post the instructions for the memory card and the controller?

you may not want to solder directly to your computer in case you need the port later. you might want to find an old serial cord and wire to that.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Adeptus

Post by Adeptus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:35 pm

I think you'll find it's the parallell port the controllers get wired to (and probably the card reader as well)

Ness

Post by Ness » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:48 pm

If you solder from those exact points to the serial connector, you should be good. All you are doing is jumpping from those points to another switch so you should be okay.
Future WIP - X360L