PIC Programmer?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

*o*

Post by *o* » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:13 am

Well i couldnt find an appropriate PIC programmer...could anyone recommend a good PIC programmer kit or fully assembled programmer that is cheap? or doesnt that exist?
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:49 pm

The BASIC stamp is really cool, and it's under 100$.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... age=search

Thats a basic stamp 2 homework board sold from radioshack, and you can make a ton of stuff with it. It's also very useful (well I guess all of the programmable types are) for substituting a lot of hardware with software.

Parallax sells a lot of these too, and the parts that go with them. (they make the basic stamp 2)
Making XNA Games in C#.

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:51 am

Hello!

do you think this would be fine for my applications?
http://www.bobblick.com/techref/project ... cprog.html

This is to program a PIC16F628

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:15 am

*o* wrote:Well i couldnt find an appropriate PIC programmer...could anyone recommend a good PIC programmer kit or fully assembled programmer that is cheap? or doesnt that exist?
Here is a serial PIC programmer with a test board.
USB/serial PIC programmer for a few bucks more.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:56 am

Well the PIC like SX series by Parallax has a neat programmer. It can come in serial or USB and needs only 4 I/O pins and the clock pin connected. It's I think $20-30, check out the specs at Parallax. The only down side is that it only works with Parallax chips... to my knowledge.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:33 pm

i dont have the money right now and i have 70% of the parts for the link i posted before. so do you think that would be an ok starting point?

Adeptus

Post by Adeptus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:53 pm

I was looking to buy a PIC programmer a while ago, for a project I've currently shelved like all the rest of my projects...
I found a pre-built one that connects via USB (I think?), supports a few different chips (including the 628), and cost AU$20-30.

But now I can't remember what it was called, and can't find it in a quick Google... :oops:

I'm pretty sure the place selling them was called Whytech, but I can't find their site...

*o*

Post by *o* » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:42 am

MY FIRST EVER PCB IS ETCHING RIGHT NOW!!! yay! lol

im making the PIC programmer from bob blink. It should be entirely finished in 1-2 hours as long as my PCB etches